It Takes Guts to be Healthy!
We look to the gut to uncover actionable insights that improve pet health
Pets with Digestive or Skin Conditions Deserve Better Solutions
AnimalBiome uses genetic sequencing to identify all of the bacteria in the gut microbiome. Then, we provide personalized dietary and supplement recommendations to maintain and improve gut health.
When a gut microbiome imbalance is identified, use our fecal microbiota transplants capsules or perform an FMT by enema to restore and rebalance the microbiome.
Retest after completing a course of FMT Capsules, or after a change in diet or medications to identify any remaining areas for improvement.
Gut Microbiome Assessment
● Provides actionable insights for personalized diet and nutrition, supplements, or patient lifestyle changes
● Distinguishes whether the patient’s microbiome is dysbiotic and identifies which bacterial groups may be problematic
● Allows you to see how the gut responds to dietary changes or treatments by retesting
Fecal Transplant Capsules
● Administer FMT in a capsule orally, provides a gentle and affordable alternative to FMT by enema
● Addresses chronic diarrhea, vomiting, and constipation, as well as certain skin issues
● More-effective than probiotics because FMTs have thousands of healthy, dog or cat specific bacterial strains
Fecal Material for FMT by Enema
● Immediate intervention for compromised patients in need of microbiome restoration; stool is freeze-dried and comes ready to be mixed with saline
● Prescreened fecal material is rigorously tested for pathogens, parasites, and assessment of microbiome composition
● Faster-acting for critical cases including canine parvovirus and compromised pets.
What is Microbiome Testing and What Are the Benefits?
Microbiome testing is the process of sequencing bacterial DNA from a small fecal sample. Testing a pet’s microbiome provides unique insights into their health. Imbalances in specific gut bacteria can be addressed to help alleviate symptoms associated with a number of chronic health conditions, including digestive disorders like inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and skin conditions like atopic dermatitis.
What is a Fecal Microbiota Transplant?
A Fecal Microbiota Transplant (FMT) is the transfer of healthy stool (containing pre-screened, properly balanced bacteria) to a sick animal to help balance and heal the gut.
What is the Gut Restoration Supplement?
AnimalBiome’s Gut Restoration Supplement are FMT capsules designed to be given orally instead of by enema. The supplement contains pre-screened donor stool with thousands of beneficial bacterial strains.
How Can Fecal Microbiota Transplants Help Dogs and Cats?
Pet digestive health can be disrupted by medications, antibiotics, diet, and the environment. AnimalBiome’s oral FMT capsules provide viable microorganisms to a pet orally. The capsules are enteric-coated, which keeps them protected during their journey through stomach acid. Multiple doses of the capsules introduce beneficial organisms to increase the success of “seeding” a pet’s microbiome and restoring it to a more balanced and healthy state. Positive results with a reduction of symptoms are often seen within a few weeks.
Where Do You Get the Material for Fecal Microbiota Transplantation?
Donors for FMT are pets living in houses who are screened for health, age, fecal consistency, behavior, and microbiome composition (based on DNA sequencing.
How Do You Screen Your Donors for Pathogens and Parasites?
AnimalBiome screens all material that they bring into their lab — every single poop — for bacterial pathogens. All donors are screened monthly for intestinal ova and parasites using a fecal float. In addition, we test for the presence of hookworms, roundworms, and whipworms by ELISA. Testing is done through IDEXX Reference Laboratories.